Monday, September 13, 2010

How to be a Godly Woman...

I was asked to speak at a girls' slumber party. The theme or subject of the sleepover is supposed to be about "Being a Godly Woman." I was thinking about the question of "how to be a godly woman"
What is wrong with that statement/question?
The question is a "how to" regarding a statement of being. I have noticed a lot that I am trying to find out who I am by what I do or what I like or enjoy. I see this alot in the girls I talk to also. We are all attempting to fix our broken selves and put worth or value in our lives by everything we do. But maybe the truth of Scripture is different. The Bible tells me who I am in Christ (or apart from Christ for that matter) and I act like that.
So....what I learned over the past two years about being a Godly woman was:
I AM RECREATED...I am a woman...reborn into a new creation. A new woman. A godly woman. And my "how to" questions are answered in worship. If I really believe that Jesus is who He said He is...if I really believe that sin has destroyed me the way Scritpure says it has...and if I really believe that I am who Jesus says I am in Him then maybe I would love it so much that my life would be a worship service of "doing all things to the glory of God." I wouldn't be enslaved to glorifying myself...to putting worth or value in myself. I would be able to glorify God out of love and in a heart of worship.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. We were learning about the Proverbs 31 woman and it does seem daunting to do a bunch of things, but you are so right,straight from the word-"a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete